The Off-Road Championship (ORC) is a fun competition with the aim of encouraging of friendly competition for Tring Running Club members. It’s a championship for everyone, no matter what pace group and distance you run. We encourage everyone to take part!
We will award a trophy for the ‘best’ senior male and senior female for 2023. There is also an award for the “best” veteran male and female. Could that be you?!
How it works
- There are 12 races that count in the ORC. Take part in some or all of these events to enter the competition.
- You must be a TRC member to take part, and you must enter an event naming TRC as your club, for your result to count.While we encourage you to wear the zebra stripes, you don’t need to wear a club vest or T-shirt, unlike in the Chiltern League Cross Country.
- Points are awarded in both female and male categories. The first Tring runner to finish gets 25 points, the second gets 24, etc., consecutively down to 6 points for the 20th Tring runner. All other finishers lower than 20th will receive 5 points each.
- After each event, an updated league table will be shared, showing the results from the last event and the current league table.
- The final total score for any competitor will be a maximum of the best nine of their individual results, but all participants will feature in the scoring even if they have done fewer than nine races. The winner does not have to have competed in nine events.
- Veterans are classified as females aged 45 and above and males aged 50 and above on 1st January 2023. Seniors are classified as females and males aged 18 and above on 1st January 2023.
- In the event of a tie for the championship winners, the best place/highest points for ORC individual race scores will prevail, e.g. 25 + 23 will place higher than 24 + 24.
The ORC events:
- 14/01/2023 Chiltern League Cross Country, Milton Keynes
- 18/02/2023 Rushmere parkrun
- 25/03/2023 Ashridge Boundary Run, 16.5 miles
- 22/04/2023 Hughenden Manor Half
- 21/05/2023 Marsworth 10K
- 11/06/2023 Aldbury 5
- 5/7/2023 Wendover Woods Hill Run – Clive C & Brian L
- 9/8/2023 Tring Park – Club Organised Event
- 3/9/2023 Dunstable Downs Half Marathon
- 14/10/2023 Chiltern League XC (Keysoe,Bedford)
- 26/11/2023 Brenda Barlow (Nigel Kippax)
- 9/12/2023 Wendover Woods parkrun