Entries for the 2022 race are now open, click here to be taken to the entry page.
Race day instructions can be obtained by clicking here.
Meet at Tring Park Cricket Club (map). Postcode for car park: HP23 5NW. The race starts in Marshcroft Lane.
- Race numbers will be available for collection at the Cricket Club from 8:30am on the morning of the race.
- Please allow at least 15 minutes to get to the start from the Cricket Club. The race will start at 10am sharp so if you arrive at the start after this time you will have a chip time but your gun time will be incorrect.
- Please do not park near the start as this causes problems for local residents.
- In the event of bad weather you will be directed to alternative car parks in Tring a short walk from the Cricket Club. Please note a charge may be made for these car parks.
WE WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE TO SEE YOU AT THE CRICKET CLUB AFTERWARDS
- Changing facilities, showers (male/female) and toilets available at the Cricket Club.
- Additional portable loos available outside the Cricket club.
- Presentation of prizes at the Cricket Club at approx 12:15pm.
- Refreshments for sale in the Cricket Club pavilion, including bar, tea, coffee, bacon rolls etc.
- Apex Sports stall for running shoes and kit.
2022 ENTRY FEES:
Unattached,£17+entry fee[/table]We do not expect there to be any entries on the day.
* As the Ridgeway Run has an EA permit, you can pay the affiliated fee if you are personally affiliated.
Runners Retreat vouchers. All prizes are based on gun times.
£20 Apex Sports voucher to each team member.
Team prizes are awarded to the runners from a club or team with the fastest aggregate gun time.
Mens teams, first 3. Ladies teams, first 3.
While we do not give refunds or allow the deferring of entries if you are unable to run, we are happy to allow you to transfer of your entry to another runner. Transfers are handled via Results Base. All transfers must be completed by 12 noon on Saturday 8th October 2022.
IMPORTANT: ROAD CROSSINGS, HAZARDS AND OTHER POINTS
- Please note that the race involves the crossing of several roads. The crossing points will be marshalled but marshals are NOT able to stop the traffic. It is YOUR responsibility to cross safely. Please take particular care especially when crossing into the finish. Losing a place is better then a life or a limb.
- The course is multi-terrain. This means there are bumps and lumps and stumps and branches and all the hazards of the countryside. You know that, that’s why you are doing the race, but take care. The descent of Incombe Hole (a little before the second water station) can be very slippery when wet and Pitstone Hill (just after the second water station) has a lot of rabbit holes; don’t go down one.
- Please show consideration to other users of public footpaths and rights of way.
- Entrants are not permitted to wear headphones and anyone doing so may be disqualified.
- Please wear your number pinned to your chest, not on your back, shorts, socks, belt, hat or in your hair. It needs to be clearly visible as you cross the finish line.
- No dogs allowed.
- First aid will be available at the start and finish, at the Bridgewater Monument (approx 3 miles and the top of the big hill) and at Pitstone Hill car park (approx 6 miles). There will also be the water stations at these points.
- When leaving the car park if the race is still in progress you will be asked to turn RIGHT in order to avoid crossing the race route.
- Please keep an eye on the race Facebook page for any last minute instructions.
- Minimum entry age is 16 on the day of the race
Want to see what you are letting yourself in for? See the route page.
- Is there a cut off time for completing the course?
– There is no official cut off, and ‘not fast’ runners are very welcome. Most runners complete the course in under 2 hours 15 mins.
- Should I wear spikes?
– No. There are sections of road at the start / finish. Trail shoes are ideal, if you have them.
- Will there be a bag drop facility at the Cricket Club?
– We are putting a tent up for runners to leave bags in while they run, albeit at their own risk. The tent will be outside the cricket club, near the number collection desk.
- I missed getting a place. How can I be sure of getting a place next year?
– The race sells out faster every year. If you ‘like’ the Ridgeway Run Facebook page you will be one of the first to hear when entries open in May. We only post about half a dozen times a year, so you won’t be inundated.
If the race has to be cancelled due to COVID, we will be happy to offer a refund or offer a place for a subsequent race.