We are sad to share the disappointing but understandable news that the Ridgeway Run will not go ahead in 2020.
We have given careful consideration to every angle and have not taken the decision lightly. It would be difficult to hold the event in a way that responsibly meets social distance requirements (the event usually involves 500 people gathering at Marshcroft Lane at the start).
The Ridgeway Run was established in 1982 by Tring Running Club, and is generally held on the second Sunday in October.
A challenging trail run of approximately 15.5 kilometres (9.6 miles) over a scenic route, mainly on footpaths and bridleways with stunning Chiltern views. Starting on the outskirts of Tring, the course gradually ascends into the Ashridge Estate, past the Bridgewater Monument, takes in a stretch of the famous Ridgeway path and Pitstone Hill before descending back along quiet paths into Tring and finishing at the Cricket Club.
- Online entries
- Place, vet & team prizes with total value of over £600
- Technical t-shirt to all finishers
- Fully marshalled course
- Changing facilities (female and male showers)
- Team prizes, Male: 3 to qualify; Female: 3 to qualify
- Refreshments including bar
- Apex Sports running specialists stall
- Entry limit 650 – places fill quickly